Friday, October 1, 2010

"Great Heats"


The third book is almost finished with the re-edit and the publisher is waiting to begin the process. It will take three to six months to complete the process, during which time I have been known to get ouchy; maybe this time, it will be different.
.
I am happy with the book. In re-reading it during the edit, I was still moved in the same spots as when I was writing.
.
Most of the writing was done at one of five restaurants where the noise and distractions were easy to ignore, compared to the distractions at home -- the garden, the trees, the painting, the cars, the wife!
.
During the writing, I became so close to the characters in the book that I would think about them at night or when on a long drive.
.
On more than one occasion while writing at a restaurant, tears would form in my eyes and then dam up along my glasses rim. Finally, I would have to stop and wipe my eyes with a napkin.
.
Once, a waitress from another table came over to me and asked if I was OK.
.
"Onions," I replied. "It's just the onions in my egg-white omelet," I explained.
.
She looked at my plate. "...Oh," she responded weakly, and left with a funny look on her face, probably because my egg whites were scrambled with no onions.
.
I still have to insert the 300 DPI high resolution images, but that shouldn't take long. It has been such a long process for me, one where I lost my enthusiasm for a while, but then regained it. Not much left to do now. Just the images.
.
Maybe, I'll take time for just one more pass through it -- before I let it go.

"Stand up and walk out of your history." ~~ Phil McGraw (Dr. Phil)

No comments:

Post a Comment