Wednesday, October 7, 2009

One Page a Day

So far, I have been faithful to my goal of one page a day on my new novel. Today may be the first break, however, as my son and Grand Son are coming over for Dinner.

My son loves a good steak so I will be preparing pan seared, oven-finished Filet Mignon. My Grand Son, at age five, is a picky and difficult eater, but I know he likes French Fries and Applesauce -- favorites for Jason. A Garden Salad will also be offered. Oh, and for the toast -- Sparkling Apple Cider.

I believe in ceremony and tradition; they bind people together and create memories which can be carried around for a long time -- even for generations. I am hoping that Grand Son Jason remembers dinners at Grammy Joan and Grampy Ron's house.

I know that he looks forward to coming over here, but I am pretty sure his motive is ... Ice Cream (no sugar added) with sprinkles, which will be dessert. Now, that's his idea of a tradition!


“Science and technology revolutionize our lives,
but memory and tradition frame our response"
~ Arthur Schlesinger, Jr

No comments:

Post a Comment