Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Rekindling

Soon, I will be traveling back to Scioto County, Ohio, where I was born.  I will visit my Uncle as well as sing at my cousin’s Ball Park – The National Anthem, and “My Old Kentucky Home,” using politically correct words.

I will stand at my parents grave and thank them for the love and understanding they gave to me, a fun but precocious child – their only child.

We will visit my daughter and her three girls – each of them full of life and possibilities, yet tender and cautious.

Finally, we are planning to take the three girls to Niagara Falls, the place Joan and I spent our Honeymoon and where we took our children in the early 1980’s.  Now, it is their turn to feel and hear and see the power of that place.

I hope that when we return to Glenmoore, exhausted, that I will be re-invigorated and rekindled from touching base with my past, and through looking at the future in the bright eyes of my granddaughters.

RDG

No comments:

Post a Comment